Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Personal Project: Gunnar



So, a while back, I got into the 2000AD series Rogue Trooper. I've already read through all of the original story. I've been loving it, and for some reason I love the designs too. There's just a weird clunky, industrial, Vietnam-era feel to everything. 

Anyway, as a bit of personal practice, I had a crack at making 'Gunnar', Rogue's G.I Rifle containing the biochip of his fallen comrade (aptly named 'Gunnar', like they knew he'd die and end up in a gun). I started off following the original design (working from the blueprints in the back of one issue) but I'm leaning more towards a mash-up of the two now. I'm mixing the original 2000AD design with Rebellion's altered design from the 2006 game. 



So here's a work-in-progress. I haven't had a chance to work on it in a while, but hopefully I'll be able to pick it up again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Blogroll

Blogger news

Blogger templates